Safe Online Shopping Tips
Use a secure web browser
When you enter a secure page where you are sharing your financial or other personal details, look for an "s" after the "http" (https://) in the web address. You should also look for a padlock symbol in the right hand corner which is used in most popular internet browsers to represent a secure page containing encryption/an approved digital certificate.
If you are using a static password, keep it secret! Do not write it down, do not email it to anyone and don't use the word 'password' as your password (we've all done it!)
Like most other online sites, onsport.com.au requires you to register an account name and password before making a purchase. Just as you keep your ATM PIN or code secret, you should keep your onsport.com.au password secret from anyone else. It is advisable to change your password on a regular basis and use a password longer than 6 characters, containing a combination of letters, numbers and/or symbols. When shopping with Verified by Visa, keep your Verified by Visa password secret. Look out for suspicious emails that may be phishing for your account details or financial or personal details.
If in doubt, call us on 1300 351 461 to ask whether the email you have received was actually sent by us. onsport.com.au will NEVER ask you to confirm your password or credit card data via email. Please forward any email you receive that you believe to be suspicious to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protect your credit card details
Only provide onsport.com.au your credit card details when making purchases - do not provide them to us for any other reason or never post them on any comment sections or other publically accessible areas of our site.
Check delivery and return policies
Before completing an online transaction, read the delivery and return policies on our home page. When shopping with onsport.com.au if you spend more than $75 in a single order you’ll receive FREE & FAST delivery and FREE & EASY returns. See Delivery Policy and Returns Policy for full conditions.
Never send payment information via email
Information that travels over the internet (such as email) is not fully protected from being read by outside parties. Most reputable merchant sites, including onsport.com.au, use encryption technologies that will protect your private and financial data from being accessed by others as you conduct an online transaction.
Keep a record of your transactions
Just as you save receipts when you buy from a physical store, you should keep records of your online purchases. Back up your transaction by saving and/or printing the order confirmation.
Review your monthly account statement thoroughly
Monitor your monthly statements, especially after an overseas trip. Check all transactions, even the small ones, because criminals try "testing out" stolen accounts by buying inexpensive items rather than large ones. Immediately investigate suspicious activity to prevent any possible additional fraud before it occurs. Promptly notify your financial institution of any suspicious email activities.
Only open and respond to emails that pass some basic tests*: Is the email from somebody you know? Have you received emails from this sender before? Were you expecting email with an attachment from this sender? Does email from this sender with the contents described in the subject line and the name of the attachment make sense? Does this email contain a virus?
Zero Liability Policy
Did you know that you can shop online with your Visa or MasterCard at onsport.com.au with absolutely no risk?
A Zero Liability policy is their guarantee that you will not be held responsible for fraudulent charges made with your payment card.
How it works
- Shop worry-free. Use your payment card to make purchases at millions of locations.
- Report suspicious charges. Review your monthly statement and report any fraudulent charges to your financial institution.
- Get quick resolution on your credit card. If applicable, your financial institution may remove fraudulent transactions or extend provisional credit for losses from unauthorized card use.
- Shop worry-free at millions of merchants, including onsport.com.au. You can use your card to shop with confidence. That is because your card information is protected 24/7 and you would not be held liable for unauthorized purchases made with your card or account information.
- Review your monthly account statement and report fraudulent charges. Take the time to look at your monthly credit card statement, and let your financial institution know if anything appears incorrect so swift action to regain control of your account and to resolve the situation for you can occur.
- Count on quick resolution on your credit card. If your account is compromised, they are committed to setting things right without further aggravation or inconvenience to you.
Visa's Zero Liability policy covers Australian and New Zealand-issued cards and does not apply to ATM transactions, transactions not processed by Visa or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholders should notify their issuer promptly of any unauthorised Visa use. Please consult your issuer for additional details.
Source: "Common Sense Guide for Home and Individual Users", Internet Security Alliance
More information about sports store shopping online in Australia.