Fitbit Charge 3 Australia Price Release Date Specs
Exciting news! The Fitbit Charge 3 has been announced today by Fitbit, a global leader in fitness trackers and wearables! The release date in Australia for the Fitbit Charge 3 is 6 November 2018. The Charge 3 is now available! Shop Charge 3 online now.
A detailed review will be posted as soon as we get our hands on a review model from Fitbit Australia. Until then, we wanted to give you a quick run-down on the features, specs and a comparison to the Charge 2.
Fitbit Charge 3 Overview
Available in two editions, standard and special edition, the Charge 3 will be released in the following colours (click below to shop now!):
The Fitbit Charge 3 has the following recommended Australian retail prices:
- Charge 3 Standard Edition - A$229.95
- Charge 3 Special Edition - A$269.95
We're super excited by the new Charge 3 design - it looks slimmer, sharper and with interchangeable bands, is wearable and appropriate for most settings you'll encounter - from a sport and fitness setting, through to more formal settings, such as the office or after work/weekend functions. With the four colour options available, the Charge 3 should appeal equally to both men and women.
Fitbit commented in their press release on the design aspects of the new fitness tracker:
"Charge 3 is crafted from premium, lightweight materials, including an aerospace grade aluminum case and Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 display for a slimmer, modern silhouette, increased durability and more comfortable fit for men and women."
"Fitbit Charge 3 is the first wearable with an inductive button, which includes new patent-pending technology that provides a streamlined, swimproof design, increased space in the device to add more sensors plus a larger battery with up to 7 days of use..."
Fitbit Charge 3's highlighted features include:
- Touchscreen display - a large, sharp, OLED backlit touchscreen display that adjusts to lighting conditions for ease of reading at all times, including direct sunlight. It's almost 40% larger and brighter than the Charge 2 display
- SpO2 sensor - (the first of its kind for a Fitbit activity tracker) – allows for the potential to estimate changes in blood oxygen levels and help track new health indicators, like sleep apnea
- Swim-proof design - water resistant Fitbit design up to 50m with automatic swim tracking and can be worn in the pool and the shower
- Goal-based exercises - choose from up to 15 exercise modes such as running, swimming, cycling, yoga and more activities
- 24/7 heart rate tracking and heart rate zones - for calorie burn, health trends and to see how hard you're working
- Female health tracking - including tracking periods, record symptoms and estimate ovulation
- Notifications - call, text (with quick replies - Android only) and calendar alerts on your wrist
- Long battery life - up to 7 days before needing to be charged (varies with use and other factors)
- Fitbit Pay - pay for purchases via contact-less payment with your Charge 3 (Special Edition only, Fitbit Pay participating banks only - ANZ, NAB, Bendigo, CBA (Mastercard), Westpac (Mastercard), Latitude Financial Services (Mastercard) - see Fitbit Pay Banks for details)
Charge 3 Comparison
The following table compares the Charge 3 features / specs with the Charge 2's features / specs:
Charge 3 Size
The following graphic shows the sizing for small and large sizes and the screen size:
Based on specs and looks alone, the Fitbit Charge 3 is a significant upgrade to its predecessor, the Charge 2. We particularly like the addition of a new, sharp touchscreen that adjusts to the level of ambient light to make the display easy to read, the addition of the SpO2 sensor and 24/7 heart rate tracking for deeper sleep insights, especially for people who experience sleep apnea and the addition of 15 exercise profiles/mode with goal-based exercises. Finally, a swim-proof design is another big tick for a lot of Fitbit customers (and potential customers) who have been wanting a fitness tracker they don't need to worry about getting wet as they go about their daily lives - showering and swimming etc.
We look forward to the Australian release of the exciting new Charge 3 in November! We'll keep you posted on all Charge 3-related developments between now and then.
Shop Fitbit online at onsport.com.au today and enjoy free shipping plus earn loyalty points!
Have your say!
What do you think of the new design, announced features / specs and pricing? Please leave your comments below, we'd love to hear your thoughts!